As an important member of our Chelsea’s Closet community, we are keenly aware of your generosity in supporting our mission. It is important to us that you have the most important updates, information, and developments of our operations due to COVID-19.
We are working closely with our partners at Doernbecher and Randall Children’s Hospital to explored unique ways to get costumes to seriously ill children in their care, since we are unable to take Chelsea’s Closet to them. Kids and families still need an outlet and an emotional break from their long and daunting days of isolation, that hasn’t changed. For now, we are connecting with patients through social media, word of mouth and sending costumes to homes rather than hospitals.
The children we serve are immuno-compromised and already battling for their lives, so we always put health and safety as a priority for the costumes, crafts, and toys that we distribute. Although we have always prioritized cleanliness and sanitization when handling costumes and accessories, we are adding additional precautions during this time of wearing gloves and masks when handling items, to keep the children and families we serve safe.
We have tightened our budget to ensure we can survive the long haul. Because our fundraisers for spring and summer have cancelled, our founders, Jason Hicks and Sabrina Prill have elected to work without pay so we can continue our mission with their salaries supporting the organization.
We need your help now more than ever so that we can continue to support our families during these uncertain times. Here are ways that we are asking for your support:
- Spread the word about our Costume Care packages to any hospital families you know. We’d love to send them some Chelsea’s Closet cheer!
- Donate funds so we can send our Costume Care packages. Your heartfelt contribution today allows us to support our families with a gift of imagination and play.
- Select Chelsea Hicks Foundation as your charity of choice when you shop through AmazonSmile.
- Go online and send Amazon or Target gift cards digitally to CHF to help us create and send customized care packages to families.
- Send digital grocery gift cards to CHF so that we can share them with families our hospital partners identify as experiencing food insecurity.
- We also invite you to follow and engage with us via social media.
You are our Superheroes! It’s unimaginable what Chelsea’s Closet would be like without the support from our community. You have shown us that you believe in the power of dress up and play and that you are there to help children PLAY…PRETEND and LAUGH.
Executive Director and Co-Founder
Chelsea Hicks Foundation